The board of FTL Company Ltd. is committed to achieve the highest possible standards in health, safety and environmental management. This commitment is essential to the future of our business and is an essential objective for company personnel at all levels.
It is therefore FTL Company Ltd’s policy to do all that is reasonable to prevent personal injury, damage to property and the environment and to protect everyone from foreseeable hazards including the public insofar as they come into contact with the company, its processes and materials.
In particular the Company has a responsibility:
- To provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions taking account of statutory requirements.
- To provide training and instruction to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently.
- To encourage awareness of operations that may result in harm to people or the environment.
- To make available all necessary safety devices and protective equipment and to supervise their use.
- To maintain a constant and continuing interest in health, safety and environment matters applicable to the company’s activities, in particular by consulting and involving employees wherever possible.
- To reduce adverse environmental impacts to air, land and water arising from the company’s activities.
- To ensure efficient use of materials and energy and to encourage re-use and re-cycling where feasible.
- Incorporate the principle of sustainable development.
Employees have a duty of care to co-operate in the operation of this policy:
- By working safely and efficiently.
- By using the protective equipment provided, and by meeting statutory obligations.
- By reporting incidents that have led or may lead to injury or damage to themselves or others.
- By reporting incidents that have harmed or may have harmed the environment.
- By adhering to the company procedures, established in their interest to secure a safe workplace.
- By assisting in the investigation of accidents and incidents with the object of introducing measures to prevent recurrence.
Participation is welcomed from all in reviewing, maintaining and improving this policy